0

Breif Review of Camtasia

Posted by ttiKmAI on 12/01/2009 06:42:00 PM
"

So I just got the Camtasia Studio and I figured I would leave some thoughts on it. My first thought is that this is not only an easy to use program, but its fun to play with as well. I like how you just use the F10 key to stop recording, but what I liked even more was the editing process. All it takes is recording in full screen to get a great picture of your desktop, but the smart focus feature is freaking sweet. All you have to do is enable it and, BAM!, it zooms in on the mouse on the desktop and zooms back out when you open a window. The downside of using this is that if you want to zoom on what you type you still need to manually do it in the zoom panel. The studio comes with preset video resolutions for all kinds of formats including HD, youtube, and DVD to name a few. The one thing that I don't like probably has a fix for it, but I haven't figured it out yet. It gets incredibly choppy only when recording games. I opened up Sacred 2 and was testing it out and still got great frame rates in the game, but when I opened up the recorded file it was like I had taken screen shots every 1.5 seconds. Overall I love this program and it comes with a wealth of options built in, including the ability to record from a mic as you capture video and to record from a web cam at the same time. This is definitely my favorite screen recording software as of now and I urge you to give it a try.

|

0 Comments

Post a Comment